About Gus’s Community Markets
We believe that markets are a gathering place for the community, a space to both foster and nurture relationships that extend for generations. For over 30 years, our family has served San Francisco with the utmost commitment to offer quality goods, champion local purveyors, advocate for environmental stewardship, and create a workplace for our staff to grow and prosper. We are ever-evolving yet do not lose sight of our core values created by our father and grandfather, and remain mindful of the character of a neighborhood market. We strive to provide a diverse selection of goods satisfying every palate and price point. We take pride in personally knowing many of our vendors having worked with them for decades. We respect our employees and offer them sustainable livelihoods. We support our community by participating in fundraising efforts such as the Scrip school program. We cultivate, support, and strive for integrity in everything we do – from picking the most pristine peach from the early morning markets to handing a lollipop to a kid waiting for mom.
We offer a 20% discount on purchases throughout the store, a medical and dental plan after 30 days, 401K retirement plan after one year of employment and paid vacation begins to accrue after one year of employment.
Reporting to the Department Manager, the Beer Buyer provides exceptional service and quality product for our customers. In addition to the purchasing, stocking, rotation and management of beer inventory, the Beer Buyer is expected to be actively involved in the daily operations of the department as a whole, to bring about fulfillment of store needs and a greater customer experience.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provide excellent, friendly and knowledgeable customer service. It is our job to make sure the customer leaves satisfied, so great customer service is a MUST.
- Take instruction, direction, and follow procedures provided by our department manager.
- Share beer knowledge including familiarity of varietals, regions, production methods and uses.
- Utilize and produce point of sale information.
- Manage all beer administrative duties including, purchasing, and POS systems.
- Develop and manage cafe beer program including event planning, training, product introduction, keg inventory and replacement management.
- Manage the storage, stocking, rotation and maintenance of all beer product and assists with other wine and spirits items. Stock properly making sure the products are presented well and filled at all times.
- Manage and coordinate floor displays to encourage sales, ensure product freshness and maintain a clean presentation.
- Orders, receives, and manages beer inventory at a reasonable level for optimal store operation.
- Ensure cleanliness of display, storage and work areas.
- Safely operate and use equipment.
- Examine shelves daily for products that are spoiled and/or damaged. Maintain orderly rotation of stock.
- Ensure tag and pricing accuracy to meet or exceed margin requirements.
- Keep accurate spoilage, transfer and demolition logs.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a sense of urgency while still maintaining great customer service and accuracy.
- Extensive knowledge and familiarity with current and classic beer trends and styles.
- Previous experience is a plus.
- Committed to providing quality goods, championing local purveyors, and advocating for environmental stewardship.
- A sense of humor and ability to find fulfillment in engaging with customers.
- Must be able to regularly and safely lift heavy objects greater than 50 pounds unassisted.
- Able to stand all day while frequently bending and twisting, occasionally kneeling/squatting, and regular light to moderate lifting.
- Evenings, weekends and holidays are mandatory to ensure customer satisfaction, provide coverage and support the smooth operation of the wine, beer and spirits team.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
This job posting describes the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Please send us your most recent resume, three professional references and a brief cover letter with a description of yourself and your availability. We look forward to hearing from you! Thanks.