Reporting to the Store Manager, the Café Manager is responsible for café department operations while providing exceptional service and delicious food for our guests.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provide excellent, friendly and knowledgeable customer service. It is our job to make sure the customer leaves satisfied, so great customer service is a MUST.
- Manages an organized work environment where workflow is efficient, while maintaining the highest standards of food quality.
- Provides exceptional guest experience during peak service times through excellent leadership, efficient service, and a great work environment.
- Stay on top of food trends and aid in the implementation of new offerings to keep the cafe competitive.
- Manage inventory to maximize profits while minimizing spoilage and demolition.
- Responsible for the management of the department’s budget including payroll administration, timekeeping and sales.
- Provides weekly schedules adhering to all break and lunch regulations.
- Provides direction and guidance around all company systems, policies and procedures for their team.
- Creates a positive team environment that harnesses and develops the staff’s strengths and abilities.
- Order from a variety of vendors large and small.
- Ensure cleanliness of display, storage and work areas.
- Keeps equipment clean and sanitary.
- Prioritizes duties and delegates tasks.
- Gives guests priority and attention at all times.
- Manages the storage, stocking, rotation and maintenance of all product.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience required.
- Current, valid, Food Handler Card required.
- Experience serving 3rd wave coffee.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Personable, outgoing and enthusiastic about interacting with diverse guests.
- Passionate about coffee, tea, and fresh juices.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a sense of urgency while maintaining great customer service.
- Committed to providing an enjoyable and delicious dining experience, championing local purveyors, and advocating for environmental stewardship.
- A sense of humor and ability to find fulfillment in engaging with guests and staff.
- Must be able to regularly and safely lift heavy objects greater than 40 pounds unassisted.
- Able to stand all day while frequently bending and twisting, occasionally kneeling/squatting, and light to moderate lifting.
- Open schedule is preferred, evenings, weekends and holidays are a must.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
This job posting describes the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.