We are looking for friendly, energetic and customer service-oriented cashiers.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provide excellent, friendly and knowledgeable customer service. It is our job to make sure the customer leaves satisfied, so great customer service is a MUST.
- Memorize all the produce codes and has knowledge of the different types of fruits and vegetables.
- Keep up with the seasonal fruit and vegetables.
- Bag groceries while, maintaining the integrity of the products.
- Stock products if needed.
- Keep workspace clean at all times.
- One year of retail experience, grocery preferred.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency while still maintaining great customer service and accuracy on the register.
- Must be able to communicate with customers who speak only English.
- Committed to providing quality goods, championing local purveyors, and advocating for environmental stewardship.
- A sense of humor and the ability to find fulfillment in engaging with customers.
- An open schedule is required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
This job posting describes the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.