Assist the Cheese Manager with all cheese department operations while managing your team.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provide excellent, friendly and knowledgeable customer service. It is our job to make sure the customer leaves satisfied, so great customer service is a MUST.
- When the manager is not available, supervises an organized work environment where workflow is efficient, while maintaining the highest standards of food quality.
- Provides exceptional guest experience during peak service times through great leadership, efficient service, and a great work environment.
- Provides direction and guidance around all company systems, policies and procedures for the team.
- Helps create a team environment that harnesses and develops the staff’s strengths and abilities.
- Train employees on all aspects of cheese operations including safe operation and use of equipment such as knives, wrappers, scales, as well as other equipment.
- Prioritizes duties and delegates tasks.
- Keep a clean and sanitary work area at all times.
- Keeps equipment clean and sanitary.
- Gives guests priority and attention at all times.
- Manages the storage, stocking, rotation, and maintenance of all products.
- Helps to order, receive, and manage inventory at a reasonable level for optimal cheese department operation.
- Minimum of 3 years in the food industry.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience required.
- Current, valid, Food Handler Card required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Personable, outgoing and enthusiastic about interacting with diverse guests.
- Passionate about cheese work and exceptional product delivery.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency while maintaining great customer service.
- Committed to providing an enjoyable and delicious experience, championing local purveyors, and advocating for environmental stewardship.
- A sense of humor and the ability to find fulfillment in engaging with guests and staff.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing, and pulling.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting, and reaching.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Open schedule is preferred, evenings, weekends and holidays are a must.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
This job posting describes the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.