Reporting to the Store Manager, the Cheese Manager provides exceptional service and quality products for our customers. Our cheese department curates and creates all the house made products and catering platters to present and serve our customers quality products.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provides exceptional guest experience, especially during peak service times through great leadership, efficient service, and a great work environment.
- Manage complete cheese operations including, inventory, ordering, costing, product offerings, rotation/product maintenance, training, and employee onboarding.
- Create eye-catching displays daily with proper signage that maximize sales and minimize spoilage.
- Responsible for the sanitation and overall cleanliness of the cheese operation and proper food handling, rotation, labelling, etc.
- Maintain all product logs in accordance with company policies and requirements.
- Coordinate with our other cheese department managers to implement and maintain a healthy promotional offering program.
- Ensure all holiday, seasonal, and special orders are on time and the customer is satisfied and returns to us for all their holiday and special order cheese needs.
- Manage monthly inventories for the department and send to supervisor for processing.
- Investigate product complaints and make product withdrawal recommendations to the appropriate parties.
- Responsible for the management of the department’s budget including payroll administration, timekeeping and sales.
- Helps create a team environment that harnesses and develops the staff’s strengths and abilities.
- Provides direction and guidance around all company systems, policies and procedures for the team. Prioritize duties and delegates tasks.
- Train employees on all aspects of cheese operations including safe operation and use of equipment such as knives, wrappers, scales, as well as other equipment.
- Provides weekly schedules adhering to all break and lunch regulations.
- Minimum 4 years as a Cheese Manager.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
- In-depth knowledge of all cheeses is required.
- Current, valid, Food Handler Card required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Personable, outgoing and enthusiastic about interacting with diverse guests.
- Passionate about working with cheese and exceptional product delivery.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a sense of urgency while maintaining great customer service.
- Committed to providing an enjoyable shopping experience, championing local purveyors, and advocating for environmental stewardship.
- A sense of humor and ability to find fulfillment in engaging with guests and staff.
- Must be able to regularly and safely lift heavy objects greater than 50 pounds unassisted.
- Able to stand all day while frequently bending and twisting, occasionally kneeling/squatting, and light to moderate lifting.
- Open schedule is preferred, evenings, weekends and holidays are a must.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
This job posting describes the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Please send us your most recent resume, three professional references and a brief cover letter with a description of yourself and your availability.