Data Entry Clerk
About Gus’s Community Market
We believe that markets are a gathering place for the community, a space to both foster and nurture relationships that extend for generations. For over 30 years, our family has served San Francisco with the utmost commitment to offer quality goods, champion local purveyors, advocate for environmental stewardship, and create a workplace for our staff to grow and prosper. We are ever evolving yet do not lose sight of our core values created by our father and grandfather, and remain mindful of the character of a neighborhood market. We strive to provide a diverse selection of goods satisfying every palate and price point. We take pride in personally knowing many of our vendors having worked with them for decades. We respect our employees and offer them sustainable livelihoods. We support our community by participating in fundraising efforts such as the Scrip school program. We cultivate, support, and strive for integrity in everything we do – from picking the most pristine peach from the early morning markets to handing a lollipop to a kid waiting for mom.
We offer a 20% discount on purchases throughout the store, a medical and dental plan after 30 days, 401K retirement plan after one year of employment and paid vacation begins to accrue after one year of employment.
Reporting to the Database Manager/Pricing Specialist, the Data Entry Clerk provides exceptional service to our vendors and employees. The Data Entry Clerk handles all aspects of the pricing database including updates for our growing business.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provide excellent, friendly and knowledgeable service to our vendors and staff. It is our job to make sure our teams are satisfied, so great customer service is a MUST.
- Review invoices that come from the store. Update any discounts and cost changes to items accordingly.
- Assist with the management of all products to ensure product integrity, which includes, but not limited to, pack changes, item code changes, mis-labeled items, adjusting descriptions to ensure proper representation to the customer, checking to ensure the items are in the appropriate departments, etc.
- Create batches for shelf and/or sale tags for items that have any changes in the description, vendor, price, cost fields, etc.
- Update and manage all new item entries into systems ensuring that departments have the correct information they need, and that pricing is accurate.
- Assist with the management on existing items
- Keep vendor and broker contacts up to date.
- Create movement reports as requested and needed, with approval from your manager.
- Input item information into a spreadsheet for store ads.
In Store Hours
- Assist store with implementing weekly price changes and/or ad sale pricing.
- Verify the appropriate signage is displayed throughout the store.
- Conduct audits to ensure all items have proper shelf signs/tags.
- Communicate all pricing errors to the Store Manager and Pricing Specialist.
Online Delivery Services
- Manage and update all items for delivery via Instacart, Caviar and other online services.
- Audit the online delivery services to make sure that the changes are reflected properly.
- Maintain code lists for departments.
- Works with accounts payable team to ensure correct coding on invoices prior to processing into our accounting system.
- Other administrative/support work as assigned.
- Entering bills into QuickBooks.
- Assist in managing the inventory in our warehouses.
- Create new inventory items when needed
- Create purchase orders
- Create invoices/credits as needed
- Adjusting costs and sale prices
- Ensuring that all the inventory items have correct UPCs, description, case pack/size, broker information, etc.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency while still maintaining great customer service and accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft applications experience preferred.
- Experience using QuickBooks a plus.
- Basic math skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with the team.
- A sense of humor and ability to find fulfillment in engaging with employees and vendors.
This description covers the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Please send us your most recent resume, three professional references and a brief cover letter with a description of yourself and your availability. We look forward to hearing from you!!!Thanks.