Data Entry Clerk
Reporting to the Database Manager/Pricing Specialist, the Data Entry Clerk provides exceptional service to our vendors and employees. The Data Entry Clerk handles all aspects of the pricing database including updates for our growing business.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provide excellent, friendly and knowledgeable service to our vendors and staff. It is our job to make sure our teams are satisfied, so great customer service is a MUST.
- Review invoices that come from the store. Update any discounts and cost changes to items accordingly.
- Assist with the management of all products regularly to ensure product integrity and customer satisfaction.
- Create batches for shelf and/or sale tags for items that have any changes in the description, vendor, price, cost fields, etc.
- Update and manage all new item entries into systems ensuring that departments have the correct information they need and that pricing is accurate.
- Keep vendor and broker contacts up-to-date.
- Create movement reports as requested and needed, with approval from your manager.
- Input item information into a spreadsheet for store ads.
Online Delivery Services
- Manage and update all items for delivery via Instacart, Caviar and other online services.
- Audit the online delivery services to make sure that the changes are reflected properly.
- Maintain code lists for departments.
- Works with accounts payable team to ensure correct coding on invoices prior to processing into our accounting system.
- Other administrative/support work as assigned.
- Entering invoices into Quickbooks. (As needed)
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a sense of urgency while still maintaining great customer service and accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft applications experience preferred.
- Experience using Quickbooks a plus.
- Basic math skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with the team.
- A sense of humor and ability to find fulfillment in engaging with employees and vendors.
This description covers the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Please send us your most recent resume, three professional references and a brief cover letter with a description of yourself and your availability. We look forward to hearing from you!!! Thanks.