Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the Driver provides exceptional service and quality products for our staff and customers. This job involves retrieving palletized shipments from local vendors and delivering these pallets to our local stores. There are lifting requirements and candidates should expect to drive approximately 50% of the time with remaining time working in the warehouse. Candidate must be able to demonstrate knowledge of how to complete a DOT drivers log or be willing to learn the process.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provide excellent, friendly and knowledgeable customer service. It is our job to make sure the customer leaves satisfied, so great customer service is a MUST.
- Adhere to all driving regulations while delivering product to stores and customers throughout the local area.
- Deliver items to stores and customers safely and on time.
- Must safely drive in and out of the store’s and customer’s loading areas as well as over the road.
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections and complete vehicle inspection report daily. Notify manager of any equipment malfunctions through careful observation and tracking.
- Able to follow the directions of the Warehouse Manager including product arrangement and specifications.
- Read and interpret orders and fulfill orders that are placed by the buyers for the stores, double-checking quantities.
- Transport loads securely and safety to maintain product integrity.
- Follow receiving procedures accurately to inventory and receive precise and complete orders.
- Unload and appropriately handle pallets and packages according to company guidelines and product needs.
- Maintain neat and clean logbooks and necessary paperwork throughout the day.
- Safely operate and use equipment including electric pallet jacks, hand pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a sense of urgency while still maintaining great customer service and accuracy.
- Committed to providing quality goods, championing local purveyors, and advocating for environmental stewardship.
- Valid Class “C” Driver License is required.
- Clean DMV record a must.
- 3-5 years of class C driving experience is required.
- Must be able to communicate with staff and customers who speak only English.
- Able to read and understand the written word.
- Must be able to regularly and safely lift heavy objects greater than 50 pounds unassisted.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs. with the assistance of a loading device.
- Must be able to squat/lift and travel up and down stairs if required.
- A stable work history a must.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Must maintain a professional appearance
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- A sense of humor and ability to find fulfillment in engaging with staff and customers.
This job posting describes the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.