Front End Manager
Working closely with management, the Front End Manager is responsible for store operations while providing exceptional service and products for our guests.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provide excellent, friendly and knowledgeable customer service. It is our job to make sure the customer leaves satisfied, so great customer service is a MUST.
- Gives guests priority and attention at all times.
- Manages an organized work environment where attention to detail is important, workflow is efficient, while maintaining the highest customer service.
- Provides exceptional guest experience during peak service times through excellent leadership, efficient service, and a great work environment.
- Works with all departments to ensure preparation for peak service hours so that product is stocked, presentable and highest level of quality for guests.
- Overall awareness of presentation and merchandising, deploying staff to address any issues in an expedient manner without compromising customer service.
- Provides direction and guidance around all company systems, policies and procedures for their team.
- Helps to create a team environment that harnesses and develops the staff’s strengths and abilities including hiring, mentoring, training and motivating staff.
- With input from the store manager, creates weekly schedules adhering to all break and lunch regulations.
- Help develop and train employees on all aspects of front end operations including customer service, sales, code knowledge, and cash handling.
- Prioritizes duties and delegates tasks for front end team.
- Assist with feedback and coaching for all front end staff.
- Count cash drawers efficiently and correctly for shift changes and at close.
- Develop product knowledge level of store team at all times.
- Work with management to develop goals for the store and the team and implement strategies to attain those goals.
- Monitor and manage all front of store traffic, flow, and general operations.
- Ensures equipment and workspace, both front and back of house, stay clean and sanitary.
- Prioritizes duties and delegates tasks.
- 2-5 years management experience in a retail or grocery environment required.
- Demonstrated exceptional cash-handling skills, in a high-traffic retail location.
- Presentable in attire and hygiene, you represent the business.
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Personable, outgoing and enthusiastic about interacting with diverse guests.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a sense of urgency while maintaining great customer service.
- Committed to providing an enjoyable shopping experience, championing local purveyors, and advocating for environmental stewardship.
- A sense of humor and ability to find fulfillment in engaging with guests and staff.
- Must be able to regularly and safely lift objects that weigh 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Able to stand all day while frequently bending and twisting, occasionally kneeling/squatting, and light to moderate lifting.
- Open schedule is required, evenings, weekends and holidays are a must.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
This job posting describes the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Please send us your most recent resume, three professional references and a brief cover letter with a description of yourself and your availability. We look forward to hearing from you!!! Thanks.