Front End Supervisor
Working closely with management, the Front-End Supervisor is responsible for store operations while providing exceptional service and products for our guests.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provide excellent, friendly and knowledgeable customer service. It is our job to make sure the customer leaves satisfied, so great customer service is a MUST.
- Gives guests priority and attention at all times.
- Manages an organized work environment where attention to detail is important, the workflow is efficient, while maintaining the highest customer service.
- Provides exceptional guest experience during peak service times through great leadership, efficient service, and a great work environment.
- Assist with providing direction and guidance around all company systems, policies and procedures for their team.
- Training new hires to be accurate and efficient on the register, being present during transactions to eliminate errors, having an awareness of help they may need at all times and lending aid to prevent inconsistencies in service.
- Work with department managers to ensure that product signage and tags are printed and displayed in a timely manner.
- Helps to create a team environment that harnesses and develops the staff’s strengths and abilities including mentoring and motivating staff.
- Count cash drawers efficiently and correctly for shift changes and at close.
- Develop product knowledge level of the store team at all times.
- Help manage all front of store traffic, flow, and general operations.
- Keeps equipment clean and sanitary.
- Prioritizes duties and delegates tasks.
- 1-3 years management experience in a retail or grocery environment preferred.
- Demonstrated exceptional cash-handling skills, in a high-traffic retail location.
- Presentable in attire and hygiene, you represent the business.
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Personable, outgoing and enthusiastic about interacting with diverse guests.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency while maintaining great customer service.
- Committed to providing an enjoyable shopping experience, championing local purveyors, and advocating for environmental stewardship.
- A sense of humor and ability to find fulfillment in engaging with guests and staff.
- Must be able to regularly and safely lift objects that weigh 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Able to stand all day while frequently bending and twisting, occasionally kneeling/squatting, and light to moderate lifting.
- Open schedule is required, evenings, weekends and holidays are a must.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
This job posting describes the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.