Working closely with management, Grocery Assistant Manager is responsible for grocery operations, staff onboarding and training while providing exceptional service and products for our guests.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provide excellent, friendly and knowledgeable customer service during peak service times. It is our job to make sure the customer leaves satisfied, so great customer service is a MUST.
- Manages an organized work environment where workflow is efficient, while maintaining the highest customer service.
- Manage inventory for grocery department to maximize profits while minimizing spoilage and shrink.
- Assist in managing inventory for rest of grocery department.
- Assist in the receiving of shipments/deliveries for ALL departments.
- Order for a variety of vendors large and small as assigned.
- Responsible for set maintenance for all departments.
- Assume the role of the department leader in the absence of the manager.
- Provides direction and guidance around all company systems, policies and procedures for their team.
- Helps to create a positive team environment that harnesses and develops the staff’s strengths and abilities.
- Impart focus, attention to detail, and prioritization to team members.
- Keeps equipment clean and sanitary.
- Minimum 3-5 year supervisory experience required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Personable, outgoing and enthusiastic about interacting with diverse guests.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a sense of urgency while maintaining great customer service.
- Committed to providing an enjoyable shopping experience, championing local purveyors, and advocating for environmental stewardship.
- A sense of humor and ability to find fulfillment in engaging with guests and staff.
- Must be able to regularly and safely lift heavy objects greater than 60 pounds unassisted.
- Able to stand all day while frequently bending and twisting, occasionally kneeling/squatting, and light to moderate lifting.
- Open schedule is preferred, evenings, weekends and holidays are a must.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
This job posting describes the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.