The Position (Must be available from 5:00 AM Daily)
Reporting to the Grocery Department Manager, the Grocery Clerk provides exceptional service and quality products for our customers.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provide excellent, friendly and knowledgeable customer service. It is our job to make sure the customer leaves satisfied, so great customer service is a MUST.
- Greet customers as you work, help them find products and get their baskets to the front of the store.
- Make sure the store is properly faced, merchandised and that the products are displayed well.
- Ensure cleanliness of store and storage areas.
- Take instruction, direction, and follow the procedures provided by your manager.
- Safely operate and use the equipment.
- Examine the shelves daily for products that are spoiled and/or damaged. Maintain orderly rotation of stock.
- Ensure tag and pricing accuracy.
- Keep accurate spoilage, transfer and demolition logs.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency while still maintaining great customer service and accuracy.
- Committed to providing quality goods, championing local purveyors, and advocating for environmental stewardship.
- Must be able to communicate with customers who speak only English.
- A sense of humor and the ability to find fulfillment in engaging with customers.
- Must be able to regularly and safely lift heavy objects greater than 50 pounds unassisted.
- Able to stand all day while frequently bending and twisting, occasionally kneeling/squatting, and regular light to moderate lifting.
- Open schedule is preferred, mornings, weekends and holidays are a must.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
This job posting describes the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.