Reporting to the Grocery Director and Store Manager, the Grocery Manager provides exceptional service and quality products for our customers. Our grocery department curates products for all our stores in the following areas: grocery (dry and refrigerated), bulk, dairy, frozen foods, HABA (health and beauty aid), and bakery for satisfied customers and vendors.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provides exceptional guest experience, especially during peak service times through great leadership, efficient service, and a great work environment.
- Manage complete grocery operations including, inventory, ordering, costing, receiving, product offerings, rotation/product maintenance, product returns, discontinuing of items, training, and employee onboarding.
- Create eye-catching displays daily with proper signage that maximize sales and minimize spoilage.
- Manage all product deliveries for entire store while ensuring all receiving procedures are followed in a timely manner and with full attention to detail.
- Maintain excellent vendor relationships and be constantly growing a knowledge base of all department vendors.
- Maintain all product logs in accordance with company policies and requirements.
- Ensure all holiday, seasonal, and special orders are on time and the customer is satisfied and returns to us for all their holiday and special order grocery needs.
- Manage monthly inventories for the department and send to supervisor for processing.
- Investigate product complaints and make product withdrawal recommendations to the appropriate parties.
- Responsible for the management of the department’s budget including payroll administration, timekeeping and sales.
- Helps create a team environment that harnesses and develops the staff’s strengths and abilities.
- Provides direction and guidance around all company systems, policies and procedures for the team. Prioritize duties and delegates tasks.
- Train employees on all aspects of grocery operations including safe lifting procedures and use of equipment.
- Works with store manager to ensure necessary equipment is in good working order and replaced when needed.
- Provides weekly schedules adhering to all break and lunch regulations.
- Minimum 4 years as a department manager.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
- In-depth knowledge of all grocery items is required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Personable, outgoing and enthusiastic about interacting with diverse guests.
- Passionate about grocery work and exceptional product delivery.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a sense of urgency while maintaining great customer service.
- Committed to providing an enjoyable shopping experience, championing local purveyors, and advocating for environmental stewardship.
- A sense of humor and ability to find fulfillment in engaging with guests and staff.
- Must be able to regularly and safely lift heavy objects greater than 50 pounds unassisted.
- Able to stand all day while frequently bending and twisting, occasionally kneeling/squatting, and light to moderate lifting.
- Open schedule is preferred, evenings, weekends and holidays are a must.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
This job posting describes the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Please send us your most recent resume, three professional references and a brief cover letter with a description of yourself and your availability.