Meat and Seafood Manager
Meat and Seafood Manager:
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Meat and Seafood Manager provides exceptional service and quality products for our customers. Our meat and seafood department creates all the house-made meat products and butchers cuts of meat, poultry, and fish to present and serve our customers quality products.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provides exceptional guest experience, especially during peak service times, through great leadership, efficient service, and a great work environment.
- Gives guests priority and attention at all times.
- Manage complete meat and seafood operations including, inventory, ordering, costing, training, and employee onboarding.
- Manage inventory to maximize profits while minimizing spoilage and demolition.
- Responsible for the sanitation of the meat and seafood and proper food handling, rotation, labeling, etc.
- Ensures that the meat and seafood case is stocked throughout the day to maximize sales and minimize spoilage.
- Ensure all holiday and special orders are on time and the customer is satisfied and returns to us for all their butcher needs.
- Manages an organized work environment where workflow is efficient while maintaining the highest standards of food quality.
- Helps create a team environment that harnesses and develops the staff’s strengths and abilities.
- Provides direction and guidance around all company systems, policies and procedures for the team.
- Train employees on all aspects of meat and seafood operations including safe operation and use of equipment such as knives, saws, wrappers, scales, as well as other equipment.
- Prioritizes duties and delegates tasks.
- Provides weekly schedules adhering to all break and lunch regulations.
- Manages the storage, stocking, rotation, and maintenance of all products.
- Helps to order, receive, and manage inventory at a reasonable level for optimal meat and seafood operation.
- Minimum 4 years as a butcher or cutter
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience required.
- Current, valid, Food Handler Card required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Personable, outgoing and enthusiastic about interacting with diverse guests.
- Passionate about butchery work and exceptional product delivery.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency while maintaining great customer service.
- Committed to providing an enjoyable and delicious shopping experience, championing local purveyors, and advocating for environmental stewardship.
- A sense of humor and the ability to find fulfillment in engaging with guests and staff.
- Must be able to regularly and safely lift heavy objects greater than 40 pounds unassisted.
- Able to stand all day while frequently bending and twisting, occasionally kneeling/squatting, and light to moderate lifting.
- Open schedule is preferred, evenings, weekends and holidays are a must.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
This job posting describes the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.