Meat & Seafood Clerk
Reporting to the Meat and Seafood Department Manager, the Meat and Seafood Clerks provide exceptional service and quality products for our customers.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provide excellent, friendly and knowledgeable customer service. It is our job to make sure the customer leaves satisfied, so great customer service is a MUST.
- Follow all weights and measures procedures.
- Set and maintain meat, poultry and seafood case and display ensuring proper product rotation.
- Help customers select the best product for what they are making.
- Maintains orderly rotation of stock in the butcher’s refrigerator and freezer.
- Takes instruction, direction, and follows procedures provided by our head butcher.
- Keep a clean and sanitary work station at all times.
- 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
- Some meat and seafood knowledge preferred.
- Food Safety Certification preferred.
- Diverse cooking skills.
- Must be able to communicate with customers who speak only English.
- Ability to provide great customer service while maintaining a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- A sense of humor and ability to find fulfillment in engaging with customers.
- Open schedule is preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Physical Requirement / Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour workday: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing, and pulling.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting, and reaching.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40
- degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and
- holidays as needed.
This describes the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.