Reporting to the Kitchen Department Manager, the Prep Cook provides exceptional service and quality products.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Prepare vegetables and mise en place.
- Follow recipes to create soups and stocks and to marinate, grill and roast meats.
- Ensure cleanliness of the storage and work area. Keep a clean and sanitary work station at all times and all equipment clean and sanitized.
- Take instruction, direction, and follow the procedures provided by our kitchen manager.
- Safely operate and use equipment such as knives, wrappers, scales, as well as other equipment.
- Examine the refrigerator and other storage areas daily for food that is spoiled and/or damaged. Maintain orderly rotation of items.
- Keep accurate spoilage, transfer and demolition logs.
- Proven ability to work safely in a fast-paced environment.
- 3 years of experience in foodservice required.
- Current, valid, Food Handler Card is required.
- Committed to providing quality goods, championing local purveyors, and advocating for environmental stewardship.
- A sense of humor and ability to find fulfillment in working with team members.
- Must be able to communicate with customers who speak only English.
- Must be able to regularly and safely lift heavy objects greater than 50 pounds unassisted.
- Able to stand all day while frequently bending and twisting, occasionally kneeling/squatting, and regular light to moderate lifting.
- Open schedule is preferred, evenings, weekends and holidays are a must.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
This describes the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.