Reporting to the General Manager and the Database Manager/Pricing Specialist, the Pricing Specialist provides exceptional service to our vendors and employees. The Pricing Specialist handles all aspects of the pricing database including updates for our growing business.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provide excellent, friendly and knowledgeable service to our vendors and staff. It is our job to make sure our teams are satisfied, so great customer service is a MUST.
- Ensure that all batches are double checked and deployed to the stores multiple times a day.
- Monitor and check costs on all items delivered to the stores. Update any discounts and cost changes to items. Pull cost reports, if available, from vendor websites and match the costs that we have in our system.
- Assist with the management of all products regularly to ensure product integrity and customer satisfaction.
- Create and maintain order guides for vendors. Inform buyers of any changes.
- Communicate with buyers around vendor pricing variables. Inform them when a vendor’s price drops so that we are providing our customers with the best prices on products.
- Discuss price changes with department managers to ensure that POS signs are being made that reflect the changes.
- Create shelf and/or sale tags for items that have any changes in the description, vendor, price, cost fields, etc
- Update and manage all new item entries into systems ensuring that departments have the correct information they need and that pricing is accurate.
- Support stores on pricing discrepancies making corrections swiftly to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Process all discontinued items from vendors, manufacturers, or removed from our shelves, sending reports to general managers and grocery directors for approval and review.
- Keep vendor and broker contacts up-to-date.
- Create movement reports as requested and needed.
Online Delivery Services
- Manage and update all items for delivery via Instacart, Caviar and other online services.
- Check the online delivery services to make sure that the changes are reflected properly, “force” changes if needed, and troubleshoot any issues with delivery companies.
- Maintain price and code lists for departments.
- Works with accounts payable team to ensure correct coding on invoices prior to processing into our accounting system.
- Other administrative/support work as assigned.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a sense of urgency while still maintaining great customer service and accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional database management skills, experience using SMS LOC Software a plus.
- Excellent Microsoft applications experience.
- Experience using Quickbooks a plus.
- A sense of humor and ability to find fulfillment in engaging with employees and vendors.
This description covers the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.