Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Associate provides exceptional service and quality products for our staff and customers. There are lifting requirements for this position.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provide excellent, friendly and knowledgeable customer service. It is our job to make sure the customer leaves satisfied, so great customer service is a MUST.
- Able to follow the directions of the Warehouse Manager including product arrangement and specifications.
- Read and interpret orders and fulfill orders that are placed by the buyers for the stores, double-checking quantities.
- Process, package and ship orders accurately.
- Organize stock and maintain inventory.
- Inspect product for defects and damage.
- Assist in keeping the warehouse safe and organized.
- Receive, unload and place incoming inventory items appropriately in their designated area.
- Abide by all company safety regulations.
- Receive inventory properly so that stock is rotated and product freshness is maintained.
- Unload and appropriately handle pallets and packages according to company guidelines.
- Safely operate and use equipment including electric pallet jacks, hand pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a sense of urgency while still maintaining great customer service and accuracy.
- Committed to providing quality goods, championing local purveyors, and advocating for environmental stewardship.
- Must be able to communicate with staff and customers who speak only English.
- Able to read and understand the written word.
- Must be able to regularly and safely lift heavy objects greater than 50 pounds unassisted.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs. with the assistance of a loading device.
- Must be able to squat/lift and travel up and down stairs if required.
- A stable work history a must.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Must maintain a professional appearance
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- A sense of humor and ability to find fulfillment in engaging with staff and customers.
This job posting describes the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please send us your most recent resume, three professional references and a brief cover letter with a description of yourself and your availability. We look forward to hearing from you!!! Thanks.