About Gus’s Community Market
We believe that markets are a gathering place for the community, a space to both foster and nurture relationships that extend for generations. For over 30 years, our family has served San Francisco with the utmost commitment to offer quality goods, champion local purveyors, advocate for environmental stewardship, and create a workplace for our staff to grow and prosper. We are ever-evolving yet do not lose sight of our core values created by our father and grandfather, and remain mindful of the character of a neighborhood market. We strive to provide a diverse selection of goods satisfying every palate and price point. We take pride in personally knowing many of our vendors having worked with them for decades. We respect our employees and offer them sustainable livelihoods. We support our community by participating in fundraising efforts such as the Scrip school program. We cultivate, support, and strive for integrity in everything we do – from picking the most pristine peach from the early morning markets to handing a lollipop to a kid waiting for mom.
We offer a 20% discount on purchases throughout the store, a medical and dental plan after 30 days, 401K retirement plan after one year of employment and paid vacation begins to accrue after one year of employment.
Reporting to the General Managers, the Warehouse Manager provides exceptional service and quality products for our staff and customers. There are lifting requirements.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provide excellent, friendly and knowledgeable customer service. It is our job to make sure the customer leaves satisfied, so great customer service is a MUST.
- Overseeing and improve receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations
- Read and interpret orders and fulfill orders that are placed by the buyer’s for the stores, double-checking quantities.
- Maintain warehouse staff by orienting, coaching, and training employees.
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts and verifying all inbound and outbound orders.
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Pick loads securely and safety to maintain product integrity.
- Maintain and improve warehouse layout and ensure efficient space utilization.
- Unload and appropriately handle pallets and packages according to company guidelines and product needs.
- Maintain neat and clean logbooks and necessary paperwork throughout the day.
- Inspect all warehouse equipment and order repairs and replacements when required
- Safely operate and use equipment including electric pallet jacks, hand pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
- 3+ years of warehousing experience.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
- Valid Class C Driver’s License
- Skills in inventory control and management
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Personable, outgoing and enthusiastic about interacting with diverse employees and vendors.
- Passionate about distribution work and exceptional product delivery.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency while maintaining great customer service.
- A sense of humor and ability to find fulfillment in engaging with guests, vendors, and staff.
- Open schedule is preferred including evenings, and weekends if necessary.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Physical Requirement / Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour workday: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing, and pulling.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting, and reaching.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
This job posting describes the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.