About Gus’s Community Market
We believe that markets are a gathering place for the community, a space to both foster and nurture relationships that extend for generations. For over 30 years, our family has served San Francisco with the utmost commitment to offer quality goods, champion local purveyors, advocate for environmental stewardship, and create a workplace for our staff to grow and prosper. We are ever-evolving yet do not lose sight of our core values created by our father and grandfather, and remain mindful of the character of a neighborhood market. We strive to provide a diverse selection of goods satisfying every palate and price point. We take pride in personally knowing many of our vendors having worked with them for decades. We respect our employees and offer them sustainable livelihoods. We support our community by participating in fundraising efforts such as the Scrip school program. We cultivate, support, and strive for integrity in everything we do – from picking the most pristine peach from the early morning markets to handing a lollipop to a kid waiting for mom.
We offer a 20% discount on purchases throughout the store, a medical and dental plan after 30 days, 401K retirement plan after one year of employment and paid vacation begins to accrue after one year of employment.
The Warehouse Picker Order Selector is responsible for accurately picking, by hand, beverage product orders using a voice automated headset and electric pallet jack.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Accurately pick products by matching numbers and product descriptions
- Hand stacks cases of product weighing up to 50 pounds repetitively from floor to overhead throughout the duration of the shift.
- Place the beverage products in a defined stacking pattern onto the pallet.
- Hand shrink wrap customer orders with label and move completed order to the loading dock staging area.
- Report all product discrepancies or quality issues to supervision including damaged product, wrong store number, equipment issues, etc.
- Follow all safety procedures and adhere to all company policies and procedures, including the safe operation of equipment and help to maintain a safe, clean work environment to include general housekeeping warehouse duties.
- Minimum 1-2 years of retail experience (preferred)
- Ability to work while standing, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, kneeling and lifting for the entire duration of the shift.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. throughout the entire shift from floor to overhead.
- Ability to work in multi-temperature environments, hot or cool.
This job posting describes the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.