Wine, Beer and Spirits Clerk
Reporting to the WBS Manager, the Wine, Beer and Spirits Clerk provides exceptional service and quality product for our customers. If you do not have beer, wine and spirits experience, you must bring a willingness and interest in learning. Focus and attention to detail are key. The beer, wine, and spirits team works hard, stays on task, learns and has fun doing it.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provide excellent, friendly and knowledgeable customer service. It is our job to make sure the customer leaves satisfied, so great customer service is a MUST.
- Ensure cleanliness of display, storage and work areas.
- Share beer, wine and spirits knowledge including familiarity of varietals, regions, production methods and uses.
- Utilize and produce point of sale information.
- Assist in inventory management.
- Stock properly making sure the products are presented well and filled at all times.
- Receive and unload merchandise; checks quality, count and condition. Communicates any issues to department leadership.
- Take instruction, direction, and follow procedures provided by department leadership.
- Safely operate and use equipment.
- Examine shelves daily for products that are spoiled and/or damaged
- Maintain orderly rotation of stock.
- Ensure tag and pricing accuracy.
- Keep accurate spoilage, transfer and demolition logs.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a sense of urgency while still maintaining great customer service and accuracy.
- A passion for craft beers, wines and spirits or a strong interest in learning.
- Previous experience a plus.
- Must be able to communicate with customers who speak only English.
- Committed to providing quality goods, championing local purveyors, and advocating for environmental stewardship.
- A sense of humor and ability to find fulfillment in engaging with customers.
- Must be able to regularly and safely lift heavy objects greater than 50 pounds unassisted.
- Able to stand all day while frequently bending and twisting, occasionally kneeling/squatting, and regular light to moderate lifting.
- Open schedule is preferred, evenings, weekends and holidays are a must.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
This describes the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.