Wine, Beer and Spirits Manager
Reporting to the Wine Director, the Wine, Beer and Spirits Manager provides exceptional service and quality product for our customers. Working closely with other store managers, they are responsible for purchasing, receiving, stocking and overseeing all wine/beer/spirits department operations while providing exceptional service and products for our guests.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provide excellent, friendly and knowledgeable customer service. It is our job to make sure the customer leaves satisfied, so great customer service is a MUST.
- In collaboration with the wine director, managing and prioritizing tasks based on the department’s weekly schedule.
- In the absence of the wine director, provide direction for all beer, wine and spirits staff.
- Ensure cleanliness of display, storage and work areas.
- Share wine, beer and spirits knowledge including familiarity of varietals, regions, production methods and uses through customer interaction and floor presence.
- Utilize and produce point of sale information.
- Manage all wine and spirits administrative duties including, purchasing, POS systems, and the ability to understand P&L’s.
- Manage the storage, stocking, rotation and maintenance of all wine and spirits products and assists with other beer items.
- Orders, receives, and manages wine and spirits inventory at a reasonable level for optimal store operation.
- Stock properly making sure the products are presented well and filled at all times.
- Safely operate and use equipment.
- Examine shelves daily for products that are spoiled and/or damaged. Maintain orderly rotation of stock.
- Ensure tag and pricing accuracy.
- Keep accurate spoilage, transfer and demolition logs.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a sense of urgency while still maintaining great customer service and accuracy.
- A passion for and knowledge of craft beers, wines and spirits.
- Previous experience is a must.
- Committed to providing quality goods, championing local purveyors, and advocating for environmental stewardship.
- A sense of humor and ability to find fulfillment in engaging with customers.
- Must be able to regularly and safely lift heavy objects greater than 50 pounds unassisted.
- Able to stand all day while frequently bending and twisting, occasionally kneeling/squatting, and regular light to moderate lifting.
- Open schedule is preferred, evenings, weekends and holidays are a must.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
This job posting describes the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Please send us your most recent resume, three professional references and a brief cover letter with a description of yourself and your availability. We look forward to hearing from you! Thanks.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.