Reporting to the Café Manager, the Barista provides exceptional service and delicious food for our guests.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provide excellent, friendly and knowledgeable customer service. It is our job to make sure the customer leaves satisfied, so great customer service is a MUST.
- Maintains the highest standards of food quality.
- Provides exceptional guest experience at all times.
- Follows all company systems, policies, and procedures.
- Gives guests priority and attention at all times.
- Takes direction and guidance from the café supervisor.
- Keep a clean and sanitary work station at all times.
- Keep equipment clean and sanitary.
- Assists with the storage, stocking, rotation, and maintenance of all products.
- Current, valid, Food Handler Card required.
- Experience serving 3rd wave coffee is preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to communicate with customers who speak only English.
- Personable, outgoing and enthusiastic about interacting with diverse guests.
- Passionate about coffee, tea, and fresh juices.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency while maintaining great customer service.
- Committed to providing an enjoyable and delicious dining experience, championing local purveyors, and advocating for environmental stewardship.
- A sense of humor and the ability to find fulfillment in engaging with guests and staff.
- Must be able to regularly and safely lift heavy objects greater than 40 pounds unassisted.
- Able to stand all day while frequently bending and twisting, occasionally kneeling/squatting, and light to moderate lifting.
- Open schedule is preferred, evenings, weekends and holidays are a must.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.