HR Recruiter / Assistant
Human Resources Assistant – Recruiter
We are looking for an experienced, energetic, and detail-oriented Human Resources Assistant to support the Manager of Human Resources on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Assistant – Recruiter is responsible for interviewing, testing, and referring applicants for positions throughout Gus’s Community Markets. This position must possess considerable skill in interviewing techniques, a good knowledge of all clerical and specialized functions in the company, a basic understanding of the company’s organizational structure as well as an extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Take instruction, direction, and follow procedures provided by our human resources manager.
- Coordinates with hiring managers and store managers on departmental needs.
- Post positions on all approved recruiting sites and work with social media managers to advertise key positions and hiring events.
- Acts as liaison with local employment and advertising agencies to enhance community engagement.
- Screens resume and applicants and conducts first interviews, traveling to each location to conduct interviews as needed.
- If applicable, coordinate any pre-employment testing.
- Conducts all reference checks.
- Works with hiring managers on verbal and written job offers.
- Implement and maintains employee referral programs.
- Assists in conducting new employee orientations.
- Manages clerical aspects of employment including and not limited to: onboarding in our payroll/HRIS systems, health insurance enrollment, welcome emails, etc.
- Produces weekly reports on employment activity.
- Conducts exit interviews with terminating employees.
- Manages vacation and sick calendar and reconciles to payroll.
- Answers outside inquiries such as employment and wage verification.
- Manages the recruitment calendar, taking complete ownership of scheduling applicants as assigned, appropriately following up via phone, and email to effectively confirm appointments.
- Partners with human resources manager for special projects, with the main focus on employee relations (e.g. management of hiring reports and others as assigned.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of recruitment or relevant experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish language skills are a plus.
- Experience with local, state, and federal wage and hour compliance (such as overtime, meal/rest periods).
- Excellent public speaking, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a wide range of projects and responsibilities simultaneously, effectively prioritizing, taking ownership and initiative.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency while still maintaining great customer service and accuracy.
- Ability to work with financial and personnel information in strict confidence.
- Able to make decisions in a timely fashion that are sound, accurate, and supported by the reasoning and inclusion of appropriate people. Includes the ability to recognize, address, and propose solutions to problems that arise.
- Must be able to work comfortably and effectively with a diverse group of staff members and the general public, both on the phone and in person.
- Understand spoken and written Spanish preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong relationship building and customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Advanced PC skills, proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Strong spreadsheet skills, with a strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Proficiency in ULTIMATE SOFTWARE a plus.
This describes the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.