Assist the Meat and Seafood Manager with all meat and seafood department operations while managing your team.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provide excellent, friendly and knowledgeable customer service. It is our job to make sure the customer leaves satisfied, so great customer service is a MUST.
- When the manager and assistant manager are not available, supervises an organized work environment where workflow is efficient, while maintaining the highest standards of food quality.
- Provides exceptional guest experience during peak service times through great leadership, efficient service, and a great work environment.
- Provides direction and guidance around all company systems, policies and procedures for the team.
- Helps create a team environment that harnesses and develops the staff’s strengths and abilities.
- Train employees on all aspects of meat and seafood operations including safe operation and use of equipment such as knives, saws, wrappers, scales, as well as other equipment.
- Prioritizes duties and delegates tasks.
- Keep a clean and sanitary work area at all times.
- Keeps equipment clean and sanitary.
- Gives guests priority and attention at all times.
- Manages the storage, stocking, rotation and maintenance of all product.
- Helps to order, receive, and manage inventory at a reasonable level for optimal meat and seafood department operation.
- Minimum of 3 years in the food industry.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience required.
- Current, valid, Food Handler Card required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Personable, outgoing and enthusiastic about interacting with diverse guests.
- Passionate about meat and seafood work and exceptional product delivery.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a sense of urgency while maintaining great customer service.
- Committed to providing an enjoyable and delicious experience, championing local purveyors, and advocating for environmental stewardship.
- A sense of humor and the ability to find fulfillment in engaging with guests and staff.
- Must be able to regularly and safely lift heavy objects greater than 50 pounds unassisted.
- Able to stand all day while frequently bending and twisting, occasionally kneeling/squatting, and light to moderate lifting.
- Open schedule is preferred, evenings, weekends and holidays are a must.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
This job posting describes the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please send us your most recent resume, three professional references and a brief cover letter with a description of yourself and your availability.