Meat & Seafood Cutter
Meat & Seafood Cutter
Reporting to the Meat and Seafood Department Manager, the meat and seafood cutter provides exceptional service and quality products for our customers.
Gus’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, creed, genetic information, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable federal or California state law.
- Provide excellent, friendly and knowledgeable customer service. It is our job to make sure the customer leaves satisfied, so great customer service is a MUST.
- Follow all weights and measures procedures.
- Set and maintain meat, poultry and seafood case and display.
- Help customers select the best product for what they cooking.
- Maintains orderly rotation of stock in the butcher’s refrigerator and freezer.
- Takes instruction, direction, and follows procedures provided by our head butcher.
- Keep a clean and sanitary work station at all times.
- Keep equipment (saw, grinder, vacuum sealer, etc.) clean and sanitary.
- 2-4 years prior butchery experience preferred.
- Some seafood experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of all cuts of beef, lamb, pork, and poultry.
- Working understanding of profit margins and how to maintain them when cutting and trimming product.
- Exceptional knife skills.
- Food Safety Certification preferred.
- Diverse cooking skills.
- Must be able to communicate with customers who speak only English.
- Demonstrate the highest level of knife safety.
- Ability to provide great customer service while maintaining a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Committed to providing quality goods, championing local purveyors, and advocating for environmental stewardship.
- A sense of humor and ability to find fulfillment in engaging with customers.
- Must be able to regularly and safely lift heavy objects greater than 40 pounds unassisted.
- Able to stand all day while frequently bending and twisting, occasionally kneeling/squatting, and light to moderate lifting.
- Open schedule is preferred, evenings, weekends and holidays are a must.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
This job posting describes the general requirements of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.